Those who have secured their driver’s license are natural to feel elevated and excited about getting behind the wheel and feel the rush. It almost feels like you are still in your dreams. The feeling is soon overpowered by an overwhelming mix of emotions as you are just a novice driver who still has a long to go in terms of brushing up your skills. This makes it crucial for you to know some of the common mistakes which many people end up making as a new driver.
Common Mistakes Made By New Drivers
● Reckless Driving: As you get into your car, the first thing you are likely to feel is the drive for experiencing the speed, which is synonymous with independence. This is one of the most common reasons for the accident. Over speeding and driving recklessly, especially when you are a newbie into the world of car driving, can lead to some major accidents. If professional drivers are suggested to keep their speed limits under control. Newly taught drivers mostly do not have a clear idea about handling a car and how far it can go in terms of speed. Thus, the best way is to keep the speed limits in check.
● Not Paying Much Attention To The Maintenance: Those who have newly bought a car are often unaware about maintaining it. Any vehicle requires proper service and maintenance within regular time intervals. When it comes to your car’s tyres, maintenance is required, and you need to make sure that the tread depth and pressure are in check. In order to enjoy a safe driving experience, it is a must to ensure that the engine is in check.
● Inattentiveness On The Road: Handling the wheels on the road requires complete attention, and distractions only lead to accidents. As a novice driver, it is important to look around and check for any barriers and develop peripheral vision. This way, you become able to keep a good look at whatever’s going on around you. Even if you have enrolled yourself in a driving training course, this is something not many people will tell you about. Be aware of your surroundings and look for stray animals, debris, pedestrians, other drivers, etc.
● The Seatbelt: Wearing the seatbelt is an essential factor that needs to be taken care of while driving a car. Those who are new to car driving often tend to underestimate or forget to wear the seatbelt. The seat belt can save you from some major shocks and accidents, keeping you safe during such times. Thus, make it a point to wear the seatbelt, even if you are only going for a quick drive.
● Not Using The Signals: If you have ever been to a driving school, one of the most important that you will get to learn there is using the turn signals. These are the type of signs which let other drivers inform you about your next move on the road, such as turning, parking, reversing, etc. This is the best way to avoid potential accidents by using intelligent means.
● Driving When Tired: Another most common reason for car accidents is feeling tired or unconscious while driving. When you are driving on the road, it is crucial to pay complete attention. The tiredness of sleepiness while driving the car can be hazardous. If you feel tired while driving, it is recommended to take a few short breaks or open the windows for some fresh air.
● Putting Brakes Too Fast: Those who are still learning how to drive sometimes end up putting the brakes instantly with the intention to stop the car right then and there. This leads to experiencing some sudden starts and stops. With time, as you become familiar with your car brakes, this issue normalizes slowly.
● Unaware Of The Directions: It is natural for the new drivers to be unaware of the road directions around the city. The best way to tackle this issue is to use a GPS system and keep track of all the places you wish to go. Eventually, you will become well-versed with the directions and all the routes.
● Not Practicing Enough: A lot of times, people get on their car driving learning journey without any proper professional training and end up being involved in the accidents. The best way to learn driving skills is by enrolling in a driving school and getting help from professional drivers. The experts will help you with the much-needed tactics involved in car driving, along with parking your car safely.
● Not Maintaining A Safe Distance: While driving on the road, the best way to enjoy a safe driving experience is by being at a safe distance from other vehicles. This way, there are no worries of accidentally touching other vehicles where there is a lot of rush. The professional driving instructors also emphasize making it a rule which provides an elevated driving time.
● Not Paying Attention To The Traffic Lights: As you start driving on your own, it becomes essential to start paying attention to the traffic light timings as you reach the intersection. This way, you get to know when to stop and when to get ready.
● Unclean Windows: The piled-up dirt or rain spots on your car window not only look ugly, but they are major reasons for accidents. They make it hard for you to view what’s on the road clearly and lead to distractions. This is why it is important to ensure proper cleaning of the windows and side mirrors before starting your journey.
If you are looking for the most trusted and affordable driving school in Calgary, then head to Punjab Driving Academy Calgary now. It offers comprehensive driving training modules that will help you clear all your driving-related concepts. The team includes skilled and experienced car driving professionals with in-depth knowledge of all the right ways to improve your driving skills. The driving school is equipped with an advanced infrastructure and the latest tools, vehicles that promise the students a fulfilling experience.
For more information plz visit our office in Westwinds Dr.NE Calgary, near Police Station or call 403 926 4195